Under the 1998 Education Reform Act, the school is unable to charge for the following:
- Education wholly or mainly during school hours
- Materials and ingredients for things made at school which parents do not want to keep
- Visits in or outside school hours which are necessary for an examination
Charges may be made for the following:
- Board and lodging where a school activity involves a residential element
- The exact cost of “optional extras” (i.e. not connected directly with the National Curriculum)
- We like children to be taken to places of interest to support their class work e.g. museums, castles, theatre etc. Parents will be asked to make a voluntary contribution to support these activities. If, however, insufficient contribution to support these activities were received then the visit may be cancelled.
If parents are experiencing financial difficulties they should contact the Headteacher in confidence, as help may be available from the school fund.