INTRODUCTION TO ST. BENEDICT'S CATHOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL
Admissions to Primary School 2021
If your child's birthday is between 1st September 2016 and 31st August 2017 they will be due to start primary school in September 2021.
- Applications for Medway residents open 7th September 2020 Medway Council Website : medway.gov.uk/onlineadmissions
- Primary applications close: 15th January 2021 at 5pm
- National Offer Day of allocated places: 16th April 2021
- Deadline for lodging appeals by: 14th May 2021
- Appeal dates for St. Benedict's Catholic Primary School : TBC
- Reallocation begins: 7th June 2021
- Reallocation ends: 31st December 2021
- Please remember to also complete a Supplementary Form and return it to the school if you are applying for a place at St. Benedict's Catholic school. This form is available at the end of our admission policy.
APPEALS FOR SEPTEMBER 2021 INTAKE
Appeals - due to current Coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions the appeals process has changed.
You can find further information at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/admission-appeals-for-school-places/coronavirus-covid-19-school-admission-appeals
Parents whose applications for places are unsuccessful may appeal to an Independent Appeal Panel set up in accordance with section 85(3) of the School Standards and Framework Act 1998. Appeals must be made in writing and must set out the reasons on which the appeal is made. Appeals should be made to the Admissions Appeal Clerk at the school address. Parents/Carers have the right to make oral representations to the Appeal Panel. Infant classes are restricted by legislation to 30 children. Parents should be aware that an appeal against refusal of a place in an infant class may only succeed if it can be demonstrated that:
- The admission of additional children would not breach the infant class size limit; or
- The admission arrangements did not comply with admissions law or had not been correctly and impartially applied and the child would have been offered a place if the arrangements had complied or had been correctly and impartially applied; or
- The panel decided that the decision to refuse admission was not one which a reasonable admission authority would have made in the circumstances of the case.
The Admission policy is available to view in Our School tab under policies.
If you are moving into the area and would like a school place please contact the school office.