Admissions to Primary School 2020
If your child's birthday is between 1st September 2015 and 31st August 2016 they will be due to start primary school in September 2020.
- National Offer Day of allocated places: Thursday 16th April.
- Deadline for lodging appeals by: Thursday 15th May.
- Appeal dates for St. Benedict's Catholic Primary School : 15th and 16th June
- Reallocation begins: Monday 1st June.
- Reallocation ends: Thursday 31st December 2020.
APPEALS FOR SEPTEMBER 2020 INTAKE
Appeals - due to current Coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions the appeals process has changed.
You can find further information at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/admission-appeals-for-school-places/coronavirus-covid-19-school-admission-appeals
Parents whose applications for places are unsuccessful may appeal to an Independent Appeal Panel set up in accordance with section 85(3) of the School Standards and Framework Act 1998. Appeals must be made in writing and must set out the reasons on which the appeal is made. Appeals should be made to the Admissions Appeal Clerk at the school address. Parents/Carers have the right to make oral representations to the Appeal Panel. Infant classes are restricted by legislation to 30 children. Parents should be aware that an appeal against refusal of a place in an infant class may only succeed if it can be demonstrated that:
- The admission of additional children would not breach the infant class size limit; or
- The admission arrangements did not comply with admissions law or had not been correctly and impartially applied and the child would have been offered a place if the arrangements had complied or had been correctly and impartially applied; or
- The panel decided that the decision to refuse admission was not one which a reasonable admission authority would have made in the circumstances of the case.
The Admission policy is available to view in Our School tab under policies.
If you are moving into the area and would like a school place please contact the school office.